Make a similar gun system to the pre-shutdown

i think we all agree pre-shutdown pathos had a better gun system than the current one

current one is less optimized and isn’t as nice to use as the old one

idk what I could suggest cuz I don’t remember the old one a whole lot but u lot can discuss

I actually disagree. I prefer the new gun system than the older one. Plus, they’re not going to revert/make the fun system like pre-shutdown since only a majority of people want that and tot would have it get used to it.

The old gun system was more optimized than the new one I believe, and there’s also the fact that recoil actually existed in the old gun system so that more skill was involved in combat.

There is recoil in the new gun system

There is not, and if there is it is very little compared to the old gun system. If you compare the old gun system to the new gun system you will see it is much harder to control a gun’s recoil in the old gun system.

Take a gun like a python and see the recoil.

I’m talking about guns like the G18 and assault rifles, there was much more recoil on them pre-shutdown than there is today.

1 Like

I agree with that, recoil should be increased.

1 Like

@Pwnability the old gun system kinda sucked i’ll be real
the recoil was literally FPS dependent, if you were running at 10 FPS, you’d have significantly less recoil than somebody at 60 FPS

in my opinion, i’d also say that the old gun system is less optimized than the current one, mainly because it was made in preshutdown with messy code, while the new one was fully remade, and there’s also the insane amount of optimization MaD has put into pathos

as well as the bullet drop and bullet speed being extremely annoying for me, since it could literally make a difference at close or point blank range
there are some good parts of the old gun system, like showing you how many shots you hit, and in your case, the vertical recoil not capping out, so you always have to pull your mouse down

overall though, the new gun system tends to be more polished and better
main flaw is how it works under lag, where multiple bullets can come out at once