Potential Hacking Device Tweak / Buff

I don’t have to explain what the hacking device is, but what I will explain is that it becomes mostly irrelevant after you obtain a couple keycard upgrades. As a result, I wanted to suggest a potential buff to add to it’s kit that would make it slightly-less-than-irrelevant.

As well as forcing doors open, what if they could…
Force them shut?

After completing the same minigame that would otherwise open a door, it would force the door to close for an equal amount of time that it would otherwise stay open. During that time, nobody else will be able to open that door until the timer runs out, including combatives, your own teammates, and even other hacking devices. The door can’t be hacked during this time, meaning you can’t complete the minigame over and over to keep it shut.
This would allow CDs who obtained the device to keep doors shut in order to hold off combatives, lock FP into compromising locations, buy themselves some time time to hack open another door, or simply because they think it’d be really funny.

this is actually kind of good i support

love this please add

Interesting idea but kinda high risk for oversights in my opinion.

The main thing is a CD using this to temporarily lock other CDs in the cellblock.
Also, if you get the timing down it would take absurdly long to get someone behind several doors, which would just be frustrating for the chasing party.

You didn’t make it clear if you could choose while hacking to force it closed or if it would be forced shut after it was already hacked open.
The possible problems I listed would be relevant either way.

A cooldown for forcing a door to be closed, maybe like a minute would probably fix these issues, however.

Such a good idea that you’d think it was already a feature, +1.