Re-add CD perms to CR firedoors/prohibit combatives hide SCPS behind firedoors

So, since the CR firedoor perms were removed for CDs (CD access to CR firedoors was intentional) I saw that certain combatives (unknown usernames) were abusing this and hid the most useful SCPs such as SCP-1200, SCP-005 etc. behind it, so CDs had no other choice but either wait until some other combative opened the firedoor or just do another objective, while there’s small amount of them.

Please MaD, this’s painful. Even if they’re not hiding any crates, they can still block off 294, or others. If you want to balance it, just make it hackable or something.

1 Like

They could move fire doors in a way that don’t completely block off areas and leave alternatives (similar to Phi mono where you can shoot the glass), but straight up asking for fire door permissions seems unreasonable since that’d just make them useless again

Agreed. Having no way to access the SCPs defeats the purpose of being able to access CR in the first place. You can’t even use 005 to get in there, the only way is to use 1200-58 and that’s even if it’s not voided.

It’s very frustrating to have an aspect of CD gameplay completely cut off and it has negatively impacted gameplay multiple times for me and many others.

(CD access to CR firedoors was intentional)

Curious, who said it was Intentional?
It doesn’t make any logical sense for the foundation to give Class D’s access to firedoors.

Making them hackable has two main issues.
A: Makes no sense (again)
B: Currently at least to my knowledge, is not possible.

Agreed. Having no way to access the SCPs defeats the purpose of being able to access CR in the first place.

Not entirely true.
You are forgetting that the main point of the SCP Foundation is to SECURE, CONTAIN and to PROTECT, they will have considerable resources to maintain and develop new methods of doing so; So if anything, it’s 100% doing it’s job. (You should complain about it being unbalanced, not that CR is useless)

You can’t even use 005 to get in there.

Not true, maybe if it’s on lockdown then yeah then 005 wont help.

Eitherway, I do hear the complaints and will look at if it’s possible to do something against it, might tighten the restrictions on said firedoors or at least the one that blocks testing rooms.

They’ve been a great help at preventing CD’s from ruining tests there (which yes, does often happen unfortunately)

However SD should also not hide boxes behind doors like that.

i can open CR firedoors as a CD leader anyways so